Why Use Dixon 1-Piece Flange Adapters?
- A common challenge in maintaining equipment used in hydraulic fracturing operations is eliminating and preventing leaks of hazardous and non-hazardous fluids.
- Equipment such as blenders, hydration units, and missiles contain several flange adapters, each having welds and threads.
- Safety, environmental, and maintenance costs continue to increase on the equipment used in this demanding service.
- End-users require more efficient and low-cost systems, and the performance of their hydraulic fracturing service is critical to their long-term.
- Flange adapters are used in many hydraulic fracturing applications to transfer water-based fluids including brine, chemicals, acids, sand slurries, and produced water.
- Depending on the configuration, there are 1-4 welds and/or threads in a traditional steel fabricated flange adapter.
- Boss™ LPS flange adapters have no welds or pipe threads to deteriorate causing premature leaks.
- Develop a performance line of flange adapters with no welds or threads to fail. Utilize Dixon iron and steel manufacturing technologies to produce one-piece adapters for the numerous low-pressure manifold applications that are used in hydraulic fracturing operations.
- Start the process by designing various 4” flange by hammer union and flange by butt-weld connections, and evolve offering per customer demand.