Clamp is tethered to the cable by a stainless steel strap that protects the connection from strain and wear
Pull-out resistant cord grip on junction box holds cable tighter the harder it is pulled
Junction box creates convenient service point for hazardous location installations
Coiled cable provides compact storage
Strong clamping force penetrates grime and remains connected during loading process
Provides ground and a ground-verification signal in a single clamp
Installation must be completed by a qualified professional. A540-Series ground clamps are suitable for installation and use in ordinary and specific hazardous locations as defined by NEC NFPA70 and IECEx standard 60079.
Includes high-durability cable and junction box
1. Verify process controller is powered on and idle.
2. Test the controller’s operation by clamping to a known grounded piece of metal. Verify the controller’s indicator changes from RED to GREEN. Remove the clamp from the test point.
3. Before any other electrical connections are made, secure the A540 clamp to the process connection that is to be loaded.
4. Verify the process controller’s indicator changes from RED to GREEN.
5. Complete any other process connections.
6. Once all other safety measures are active, begin the loading process.
7. Once loading is complete, remove all other process connections, then the A540 last.
8. Return the A540 clamp to the isolated storage facility, verifying the indicator remains red
Ingress protection: weatherproof, raintight, and dust tight
Conduit entries: one 3/4” trade size hole and a factory-installed cable on the bottom
Suitable for installation in hazardous locations: Class I, Division 1 & 2, Groups B, C, and D hazardous locations, Class II, Division 1 & 2, Groups E, F, and G hazardous locations and Class III hazardous locations
Suitable for connection to hazardous locations: Class I, Division 1 & 2, Groups A, B, C, and D hazardous locations and Class I, Zone 0, 1 & 2, Groups IIC, IIB, and IIA hazardous locations
Recommended wire between controller and the clamp: 18 GA stranded copper wire (THHN)
WARNING: This product contains lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.